Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Marbling: I Figured It Out

Hello once again

I'm here to update on my second tryout with marbling. To my satisfaction (and also a little to my annoyance), this second time around was much more successful! I tried a few different methods and made some basic designs (I'm not planning on getting too complicated) on some pieces of construction paper and scrap pieces of fabric (torn from a t-shirt). Below are afew of my samples, the last one being some fabric scraps.
This time ended up being much more successful, and I honestly don't know how, but I'm grateful for it. There's some special techniques that one can do to get the paints in a specific, reproducible pattern, but I prefer to just swirl them around a little. I like how no one pattern looks alike, and Nikki agrees. Conveniently, I've found that the red and blue paints work best on fabric, so I will start a massive fabric project to create a simple hobo bag. Now that I've mastered using the complicated marbling paints, I'm pretty confident with them and I will soon report on my recent batik experiment with Nikki.

Larissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment